Integrate JBehave framework with Bamboo and JIRA
JBehave parser for Bamboo and task to Bamboo to Parse JBehave results in JIRA. It create a test in Bamboo for each JBehave scenario. This task reads all XML files in Bamboo test plan working directory. You must enable XML format in your JBhehave project.
This task also links Bamboo test runs and run information to individual JIRA issues by finding issue ids in JBehave scenarios.
How to Install:
- Log into your Bamboo instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate JBehave for Bamboo via search.The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for JBehave for Bamboo.You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. JBehave for Bamboo begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Bamboo instance.
To find older JBehave for Bamboo versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.
How to configure Bamboo plan?
Open Bamboo instance and log in.
1. Click on Create > Create a new plan
2. Provide necessary information
3. Select source repository of your test code and provide login details. Select your repository and click configure plan.
This will add Source code checkout task.
4. Now add task Maven/Ant/Command to execute the source code. In this example i have added Maven and provided goal "integration-test" as defined in my JBehave project configuration.
5. Now add JBehave parser task to parse results generated by above task.
6. If you want to integrate JBehave test results parsed in Bamboo to be integrated in JIRA as well so that JIRA users can see all information in issue itself, enable JIRA settings. Enable the actions you want to be performed in JIRA issue.
7. Run plan
Build Result Summary:
JBehave Scenarios as Tests in Bamboo:
Logs in Bamboo:
Now, you may want to see JBehave html results attached to the build. This is quick and easy.
Click on configure plan.
How to add artifacts?
1. Click on the last job. in our example we have just one job ("Default Job").
2. Click on Artifacts tab.
3. Click on create definition
4. Give appropriate name
5. In copy pattern textbox enter **/target/jbehave/**
6. Click on save.
7. Run the plan and you will see all the JBehave html reports attached to the build.
If you have enabled JIRA options in JBehave parser task, you should see lot of information to JIRA issues. This plugin find JIRA issue ids in scenario names. Please have a look at story above. If scenario names does not contain JIRA issues id, the plugin will not update the issue id.
Test run links
Labels in JIRA:
Comments in JIRA:
JBehave tab in Bamboo build result summary: