Integrate Tosca with Bamboo and JIRA
This plugin adds task in Bamboo to run TOSCA projects from Bamboo. This task can be configured to run Tosca test suites and parse results in Bamboo.
This plugin also allows linking of Tosca tests to JIRA issues. If test names contains JIRA issue ids , the task automatically finds JIRA issues from test names and link it with JIRA issues.
Several options are available to update information to JIRA issue such as add labels, comments, test execution duration custom fields of JIRA issues.
This plugin also offers settings to pass or fail the build based on percentage of test failures.
This plugin adds Tosca result tab to the build result summary.
Execute Tosca tests stored in any source repository from Bamboo Server.
Parse results in Bamboo.
Integrate results with JIRA issues.
Creates JIRA bug for failed tests automatically.
Creates test result links to JIRA issues automatically.
Adds run comments to JIRA issues automatically.
Adds test duration to custom fields of JIRA Issue automatically.
Adds labels (passed / failed) to JIRA issues automatically.
Gets rid of necessity of creating framework to integrate tests with JIRA. and saves significant costs to create and maintain frameworks.
Marks build fail or pass based on settings if tests are failed.
Extracts JIRA ids from Tosca test names
Adds tab in Bamboo build summary page to show Tosca reports.
Fails build if percentage of tests are failed as configured.
Fails build if zero tests are found.
- Log into your Bamboo instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
- The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Tosca Task for Bamboo via search.
- The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Tosca Task for Bamboo.
- You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Tosca Task for Bamboo begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.
- If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Bamboo instance.
Once installed, get started by adding Tosca execution capability to a remote agent.
Add Capability to agent:
Create New Plan
Select repository. You can use out test Tosca workspace for testing. Clone it by logging in GitHub.
[ https://github.com/AutoTestingToolsSoftwareAndServices/ToscaForBambooPluginDemoRepository ]
Add Tosca task
Select executable added in agent capability.
Select execution as Local or Distributed
Select Tosca repository name
Select JIRA settings option if you want the test results to be linked with JIRA issues. JIRA issues will be identified automatically from Tosca test names. Test names must have JIRA issues for example "PROJ-1 verify something" has JIRA issue id as "PROJ-1".
Select required options and save task.
Enable plan and save the configuration.
The build will start building.
Live logs will be visible.
Test results generated by Tosca test execution will be displayed.
Tests tab will show all parsed tests
Tosca tab will show more information.
If JIRA settings were selected JIRA issues will have updated information.