Integrate TestComplete with Bamboo and JIRA
TestComplete for Bamboo is a plugin to parse TestComplete test results in Bamboo. It adds task to task list of Bamboo which parse the tcLogx file and creates test results in Bamboo.
You need to add following tasks in sequence to Bamboo build plan.
1. Source Code Checkout Task
2. TestComplete Runner Task or Command Task
3. TestComplete Parser Task
3. TestLink Plugin (This is not task. This plugin adds options in Miscellaneous tab of Job to integrate results with JIRA issues)
- Log into your Bamboo instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate TestComplete Task for Bamboo via search.The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for TestComplete Task for Bamboo.You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. TestComplete Task for Bamboo begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Bamboo instance.
How to Configure :
Add TestComplete Capability to Remote Agent:
- Click on Agents in Bamboo Administration
- Select Agent (Agent where TestComplete is installed)
- Click Add capability
- Select "Executable" from capability type dropdown
- Select "TestCompleteRunner" from type dropdown
- Type executable label (Any)
- Give path of TestComplete exe (Without including TestComplete exe and no "\" at the end)
- Click on add
Click on Create New Plan:
- Select project
- Provide Plan Name
- Provide Plan Description
- Select Source Code Repository Host. ( I will select Bitbucket as I have checked in my tests to bitbucket)
- Select your repository
- Click on Configure Plan
- Provide repository details and choose repository with UFT test
- Click on Configure Plan
- You will find source checkout task already added as below
- Select Enable plan
- Click on create
- First build will be triggered.This task will download latest copy of TestComplete tests from source repository to the execution machine (Assumption: You are configuring build plan on local agent)
- Click on the first build number "#1"
- Click on the Logs tab.
- Click on Default Job.
- The build log will show details if the source code is successfully downloaded to default build directory for task.
- Note down the Build Working Directory Path. You will need this to create command for Command Line to execute TestComplete/TestExecute and generate tcLogx file.
- Verify that your TestComplete Project files are downloaded at the directory path
- So far, we are successful in checking out our code to the default directory of Bamboo for the task and found the directory path.
- Now lets add Command Task to execute TestComplete / TestExecute task.
- Click on Add Task
- Select TestComplete / TestExecute task
- Enter task name
- Select the TestComplete version
- Select checkbox "Fail build is any test is failed" to fail the buid if any test is failed. Uncheck it if you don't bother to fail the build for the failed tests.
- Save task
- Run plan. You should see all tests in test tab of bamboo build result.Logs will show all the details of test result execution.
TestComplete report tab:
- TestComplete does not allow use of "-" . In test complete tests replace "-" with two underscores "__" and space in JIRA id with three underscores "___"